Sheet music + birds = song birds! These cute and simple ornaments could easily be made from any unwanted book, dictionary, map, etc. Feel free to explore and use whatever material you like. I found my sheet music in an old songbook at a yard sale. I love to rummage around thrift stores and yard sales because I never know what I might find. Plus, the prices can’t be beat!
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Sheet music
- Instead of raffia, you can use an ornament hook, a paperclip, or thin ribbon.
- Craft glue
- Safety pin
- Print out template onto cardstock and cut out pieces.
- Lay pattern pieces onto sheet music and trace with pencil. Be sure to trace two wings for each bird.
- Cut out shapes.
- Fold wings along dotted lines.
- Glue wings to each bird.
- Using a safety pin, poke a hole in the bird for the hanger. Set pin aside. (Refer to the pattern pieces to determine where the hole should be.)
- Poke raffia (or a hook) through the hole, tie a knot, and hang on your tree!
You May Also Like