Share This Craft
Quick Christmas Luminary
Don’t you love the way the candlelight glows, bounces off the glass gems, and reflects pretty colors onto the table? The trick to making the gems glow in this luminary is to stack the gems higher than the candle. Some of the necessary supplies can be found at the dollar store, such as the vase, tealight candles, and tealight holders. If you want to be even thriftier, you can use glass baby food jars instead of votive holders and wide glass jars in lieu of vases. Keep reading to find out how to make this simple, budget-friendly centerpiece.
Supplies & Tools:
- Small fishbowl vase
- Glass votive holder
- Tealight candle
- Red glass gems
- Place votive holder in the vase.
- Gently add red gems in the vase and around the votive holder.
- Drop tealight candle into the votive holder.
- Make as many as you like.
- Arrange on table and scatter some glass gems around the candles.
Ideas from the Elves:
- Use the lid of a baby food jar as a tealight holder. Decorate the lid by covering it with twine.
- Want to make several of these for a big event or party? Order everything you need online from DollarTree.com and pick up in store. Easy peasy!