Share This Craft
Simple Holiday Centerpieces
Could these centerpieces be any simpler to make? All you need are a few pieces of paper, a few jars that have been lying around your house, and some tape! Add an appliqué or a band of ribbon to break up strong lines or patterns on the paper sleeve. Cluster multiple jars of different heights for a more elaborate—but still super easy—centerpiece. Swap out the paper for any holiday, and wow your family and friends with your craftiness!
Supplies & Tools:
- Scrapbook paper
- Use ruler to measure the height of the jar.
- Measure and cut paper.
- Stand jar on flat surface. Roll paper around jar and align the edges.
- Unroll slightly and tape edge of paper to the jar.
- Wrap paper completely around the jar and tape.
- Add a sleeve treatment and fill with flowers. See sleeve treatment ideas below.
Ideas from the Elves:
- Use wire cutters to cut artificial flowers and/or greenery to desired length.
- Arrange flowers and greens in jar.
- Cut additional stems, if necessary.
Pine Cone Sleeve Treatment:
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is long enough to wrap around jar + 1" to overlap.
- Take the pinecone and remove some petals to create a flat surface.
- Only remove petals from the lower part of the pinecone, so that the top of the pinecone is still intact.
- Use hot glue to attach the pinecone to the middle of the ribbon, putting the glue on the flat part of the pinecone.
- Apply a small amount of hot glue to one end of the ribbon and stick it to the jar.
- Wrap ribbon around jar gluing in a couple spots to ensure that the ribbon will not sag.
- Fold the other end of the ribbon under slightly and glue in place.
Paper Sleeve Treatment:
- Take another piece of scrapbook paper and cut out a strip with words or a design. Use glue or tape to hold in place.