Share This Craft
Simple Poinsettia Appliqué
This festive little Christmas flower is a great addition to anything that needs pizzazz. We used it to spruce up a candle here, but this poinsettia can easily go on a headband, a barrette, a brooch, a gift… even hang it on your Christmas tree!
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Red felt
- Dark green felt
- Mini hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Tacky glue
- Gold glitter
- Straight pins
- Print the template and cut out pattern pieces.
- Using straight pins, pin template pieces #1 and #2 to the red felt.
- Cut out the poinsettia pieces and remove the pins.
- Pin template piece #3 to the green felt and cut out. Remove pins.
- Set aside pins and pattern pieces.
- Position piece #2 on top of #3. Slightly lift #2 and apply a dot of hot glue on #3.
- Press #2 down to glue in place. Be careful not to burn your finger as the glue is very hot.
- Place #1 on top of #2. Slightly lift #1 to apply glue to #2. Press #1 down to glue in place.
- Place flower on top of newspaper.
- Using Tacky glue put 3 small drops of glue in the center of the flower.
- Sprinkle with gold glitter.
- Shake off excess glitter and return to container.
- Let dry.