Share This Craft
Sheet music + birds = song birds! These cute and simple ornaments could easily be made from any unwanted book, dictionary, map, etc. Thrift stores and yard sales are a great place to rummage around for sheet music or other paper because you never know what you might find. Plus, the prices can’t be beat!
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Sheet music
- Instead of raffia, you can use an ornament hook, a paperclip, or thin ribbon.
- Craft glue
- Safety pin
- Print out template onto cardstock and cut out pieces.
- Lay pattern pieces onto sheet music and trace with pencil. Be sure to trace two wings for each bird.
- Cut out shapes.
- Fold wings along dotted lines.
- Glue wings to each bird.
- Using a safety pin, poke a hole in the bird for the hanger. Set pin aside. (Refer to the pattern pieces to determine where the hole should be.)
- Poke raffia (or a hook) through the hole, tie a knot, and hang on your tree!