Festive Favor Cones
Use these fun favor cones as Christmas party favors for your guests. Each cone can hold a small gift, such as an ornament or edible goodies. Fill with chocolates, candy canes, popcorn, or jelly beans. These are also great for giving baked goodies to co-workers and friends. If using these to hold baked goods, place the goodies in a food safe bag prior to putting into the paper cone.
Supplies & Tools:
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
- Ribbon or other embellishments, as desired
- Using ruler and pencil, measure a 6″ square onto cardstock and cut out.
- Roll the paper to make a cone shape.
- Apply a thin line of glue along the edge and press the cone together, lining up the top edge of the paper.
- Add embellishments as desired.
Ideas from the elves:
- Cut a piece of ribbon or yarn and wrap around cone. Tie a bow, and use hot glue to hold in place.
- Cut designs from scrapbook paper and glue on the front of cone.
- Add sparkly gems.
- Cut a thin strip of scrapbook paper and tape around the cone.
- Add an appliqué, such as a poinsettia or other flower.
- Make smaller cones by cutting 5″ squares.
- Make rounded cones by drawing an arc (use a compass).
You May Also Like