Share This Craft
A Gift with a Bow
Step out of the ordinary by making a fun shaped card with a big red bow. We used traditional Christmas colors and messaging, but use whatever type and color of scrapbook paper and ribbon you prefer.
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- White cardstock
- Scrapbook paper
- Ribbon, 3/8" wide
- Mini hot glue gun
- Hot glue
- Rubber cement
- Print out template onto white cardstock. Cut out pieces.
- Cut out piece #1 and fold along dotted line.
Note: If you don’t want the outline to be visible, then you can trace piece #1 on sheet of cardstock with a pencil. Cut out piece and erase any visible pencil marks. Fold in half to form a card.
- Cut out piece #2 and trace onto scrapbook paper, then cut out from scrapbook paper.
- Use rubber cement to glue scrapbook paper to the front of the card. Set card aside.
- To make the ribbon tails, cut a piece of ribbon that is 7" long. Fold in half, forming a “V” shape. Place a small amount of glue in the fold so that it holds its shape. Set aside.
- To make the bow, begin forming loops of the bow (working from the spool of ribbon), gluing after each addition, so that it remains in place. Form the center loop first, then the loops next to the center loop, and finally, the loops on the outside. (See photo after step #9 to see how the finished loops should look.)
- When finished constructing bow, cut ribbon from spool.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 1.5" long. Overlap ends, and glue together.
- Glue this loop on top of the bow.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 5.5" long.
- Fold one end over 0.25" and glue in place so that the bottom of the ribbon has a nice, neat end that won't fray.
- Glue other end on the back of bow. (Place on card to make sure that it fits the card accordingly.)
- Glue the ribbon tails to the back of bow.
- Now glue the ribbon on the front of the card.
- Write your holiday message inside!