Share This Craft
An Apple for Teacher
Want to give a teacher something cute and handmade? Gift an apple that will last year after year. For a meaningful, heartfelt touch, you can embroider the year or the teacher’s name onto the felt.
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Felt: red, green
- Red embroidery floss
- Ribbon, 1/8" wide
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Print the template and cut out.
- Trace template pieces onto felt and cut out 2 apple shapes.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is about 6–7" long.
- Fold the ribbon in half, and glue the ends onto one apple.
- Stack pieces and begin sewing together.
- After you’ve sewn about 3/4 around the apple, fill with Poly-Fil®.
- Continuing sewing. See here for tips on hiding the thread.
- Using the template, cut out a leaf from green felt.
- Using a small amount of hot glue, glue the leaf near the top of the apple.
- Now your apple ornament is complete! Give it to your favorite teacher, or hang it on your Christmas tree.