Share This Craft
Angled Gift Card Holder
Here’s a twist on a traditional gift card holder. Make your gift memorable by wrapping it up in a lovely handmade and reusable holder! Cardstock works best for making a durable holder, but you can use any type of paper to decorate it.
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Decorative paper (We used handmade marbled paper.)
- Bone folder
- Rubber cement
- Mini hot glue sticks
- Mini hot glue gun
- Self-adhesive Velcro
- Print out template and cut it out.
- Place cardstock (unprinted side facing up) on work surface. Trace piece #1 from the template onto cardstock.
- Using a pencil, lightly mark each area of the cardstock with 1A, 1B, or 1C, using the template as your guide.
- Draw small marks to indicate where the fold lines will be.
- Use a metal ruler and a bone folder to make a crease on fold line 1. Repeat for fold line 2.
Note: We used the rounded tip of a large paperclip in lieu of a bone folder.
- Cut out piece #1, and erase the small marks near the fold lines.
- Trace pieces 2A, 2B, and 2C from the template onto the unprinted side of decorative paper and cut out. Lightly write 2A, 2B, 2C on each piece accordingly.
- Place pieces #1, 2A, 2B, and 2C right side up.
- Using rubber cement, glue pieces 2A, 2B, and 2C in designated sections. Let dry.
- Flip piece #1 so that the unprinted side is facing up. Glue the other 2B piece in 1B.
- Erase pencil marks from 1A and 1C.
- Fold 1C up, along fold line 2.
- Apply a thin line of hot glue along the edge of 1C. Press down (onto 1B).
- Repeat for the other side.
- Add a small piece of Velcro to close the envelope.
- Cut a small piece of Velcro. Ours measures 0.25" x 0.75".
- Stick the hook and the loop pieces together.
- Peel the paper backing off one piece.
- Stick on the upper left corner of 2C.
- Peel off the paper backing of the other piece of Velcro.
- Now fold flap (1A) over and press down over 2C.
- Open the envelope and slide a gift card inside.