Share This Craft
Cute as a Cupcake
Want a deliciously cute cupcake that lasts forever? Make this little cupcake ornament, but don’t eat it! If you want a different “flavor,” simply change the color of the felt and the “sprinkles” to suit your taste. Are you giving someone kitchen items as a Christmas gift? Decorate the package with this petite cupcake.
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Felt: white, pink, red
- Bugle beads
- Ribbon, 1/8 wide
- Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
- Pinking shears
- Print the template and cut out.
- Trace template piece onto felt and cut out.
- Sew bugle beads onto the each white piece for sprinkles.
- Make the top edge of the pink cupcake bottom wavy with pinking shears. Don’t cut too much—just enough to make the edge wavy.
- Place cupcake bottom on the frosting. The wavy edge should slightly overlap the straight edge of the frosting.
- Sew together the frosting on the cupcake bottom. Repeat for remaining 2 pieces.
- Stack pieces together and begin sewing together. If you like to have thick thread, double up the thread or use embroidery floss.
- After you’ve sewn about 3/4 around the cupcake, fill with Poly-Fil®.
- Continuing sewing. See here for tips on hiding the thread.
- Cut 2 small circles from red felt that are about 0.5" in diameter.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 6–7" long.
- Fold the ribbon in half, and glue the ends onto one circle.
- Now glue this circle onto the tip of the cupcake.
- Turn the cupcake over and glue the remaining circle onto the tip of the cupcake.
- Now your cupcake is finished!