Share This Craft
DIY Embellished Gift Tags
Store-bought gift tags are just fine, but handmade gift tags can really make a Christmas present feel special. You can easily create these gift tags using your favorite paper; the great thing about paper crafting is that you can adapt these ideas and use whatever paper you want. Adhesive-backed cardstock is especially nice because you can just cut and paste, minus the messy glue part.
Supplies & Tools
- Assorted paper and cardstock
- Assorted ribbons and embellishments
- Various paper punches
- Glue or glue runner*
- Optional: aluminum foil**
*A glue runner is amazing! It looks like a white-out tape dispenser, and it’s so much easier (and faster) to use than glue.
**If your paper punch gets dull, use aluminum foil to sharpen it. Just slide a sheet of foil into the punch (as you would with paper) and squeeze it several times. That should do the trick!
- Measure and cut paper to desired size.
- Add whatever embellishments you like. Check out the photos below for inspiration.
- Tape to the gift or punch a hole and hang on a gift bag.