Share This Craft
Felt Poinsettia Card
This Christmas card is also a gift! The felt poinsettia is a pin that can be removed from the card and worn as a brooch to holiday parties or on Christmas day. Better yet, slide the brooch’s safety pin through the teeth of a bobby pin, and voila! You now have a hair pin.
Supplies & Tools:
- Decorative cardstock
- Poinsettia applique
- Small safety pin
- Scrap of green felt
- Mini hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Measure and cut a 6" x 8" piece of cardstock.
- Fold cardstock in half, forming a 6" x 4" card.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 3.5" long. Set aside.
- Cut green felt in a circle that is about 0.75" in diameter.
- Place circle inside the safety pin. (To prevent gluing the wrong side of pin, open the safety pin.)
- Hold the open side of pin between thumb and forefinger.
- On the other side, apply hot glue to the felt and pin.
- Immediately press onto the back of the flower.
- Set flower aside.
- Attach ribbon to the card. Apply a thin line of hot glue on the short edge of ribbon.
- Immediately press onto the card, aligning edge of ribbon with the top edge of card.
- Now pin the poinsettia applique to the ribbon.
- Pick up the bottom edge of ribbon. Apply a thin line of hot glue along the edge and press in place.
- Now your card is done.
- Typically, a 4" x 6" card would fit in an A4 envelope, but because of the felt poinsettia, you may want to put this card into a larger envelope like this A6 envelope at envelopes.com.