Share This Craft
Penguin Slip & Slide
This silly penguin is so cute and chubby! He’s round and sliding downhill so fast that he’s about to lose his hat. Spread some winter cheer with this fun & whimsical card.
Supplies & Tools:
- Decorative cardstock
- Construction paper: black, white, orange
- Mini wiggly eyes
- Scraps of felt: red, white
- Large circle punch (1.5")
- Medium circle punch (1")
- Rubber cement
- Foam stamp that says “Merry Christmas”
- Blue paint
- Foam brush
- Glitter glue
- Mini hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Measure and cut a 4" x 12" piece of cardstock. (We chose this shape because we wanted to use the print of the cardstock as a wintery background for the penguin.)
- Fold cardstock in half, forming a 4" x 6" card.
- Using the large circle punch, cut two 1.5" circles out of black paper.
- Using the medium circle punch, cut a 1" circle out of white paper.
- Cut a tiny triangle out of orange paper for the penguin’s nose.
- Take one black circle and cut 2 wings. Discard excess paper.
- Using rubber cement, glue white circle on the other black circle.
- Glue wings to the back of the black circle.
- Glue wiggly eyes and nose in place.
- Cut a small triangle out of red felt.
- Cut a tiny circle and an oval out of white felt (for the hat trim).
- Use hot glue to glue the hat pieces together.
- Use rubber cement to glue penguin to the card.
- Use hot glue to glue the hat to the card.
- Apply paint to foam stamp using a foam brush. Press stamp onto card.
- After paint dries, apply glitter glue to foam stamp. Carefully position directly above the stamped paint, and press stamp onto card.
Note: We tried to create the words with glue and glitter, but the glitter kept flaking off. By stamping the design with paint first, followed with glitter glue, you will have a pretty design that will not smudge.
- This card will fit in an A4 envelope, and you can find A4 envelopes like these at envelopes.com.