Share This Craft
Perry the Penguin
Christmas, snow, trees, and… a penguin! This adorable little guy is a fitting addition to your winter wonderland. Don’t want to put Perry on your tree? Just omit the ribbon and he will make an excellent gift.
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Felt: dark gray, light gray, green, ivory, and orange/gold
- Thin ribbon, 1/8" wide
- White fluffy yarn
- Wiggly eyes
- Mini hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Embroidery floss: dark gray, light gray, & green
- Straight pins
- Print the template and cut out pattern pieces. Set aside page 3 for future reference.
- Place pattern pieces on felt and pin to secure in place.
- Cut out felt pieces. Remove pins and set pattern pieces aside.
- Take piece #3 and place on the piece #1. Sew in place. See .pdf template for diagrams.
- Take piece #10 and sew the beak onto piece #1, just above the belly.
- Glue the antlers (#6, #7) onto the back layer of hat (#4). Let dry.
- Make a small loop of ribbon and glue in between antlers.
- Place piece #5 on top of #4. Sew along upper edge.
- Glue a strand of fluffy white yarn around the opening of the hat, gluing a small area at a time.
- Stack the two body pieces (#1, #2).
- Sew along outer edge, leaving an opening at the bottom to fill with batting and to attach the feet.
- Gently stuff with Poly-Fil®.
- Slightly overlapping, place feet in between layers of penguin’s body.
- Continue sewing to enclose the body and securing the feet in place.
- Glue on the wiggly eyes.
- Place hat over the penguin’s head. Sew in place.