Share This Craft
Sparkly Glitter Trees
So easy and fun to make, these glittery trees are a festive centerpiece for Christmas—or any occasion, for that matter! Try changing the colors of the glitter and the ribbon for a different look.
Supplies & Tools:
- Foam cones, assorted sizes
- Glitter, assorted colors
- 3 different types of ribbon (your choice)
- Tacky glue
- Foam brush
- Small bowl or cup
- Straight pins
- In a small bowl, mix about 2 tablespoons glue with 2 tablespoons water. It does not have to be exactly 1 tablespoon as long as there are equal parts glue and water.
- Lay a sheet of newspaper on work surface.
- Place one cone on the newspaper.
- Using the foam brush, coat the cone with the glue/water mixture.
- Sprinkle glitter over the cone until it is completely covered in glitter.
- Set cone aside and let dry.
- Fold newspaper in half so that excess glitter collects in the center. Return to container.
- Repeat steps 3–6 for each cone, using a different color glitter for each one.
- Select ribbon for each cone. Using a straight pin, secure the ribbon near the base of the cone.
- Wrap the ribbon around the cone, working upward and back down.
- Cut ribbon and use another pin to secure in place.
- Repeat for each cone.
- Arrange the cones on your table and enjoy!