A Gift with a Bow
Step out of the ordinary by making a fun shaped card with a big red bow. Use whatever type of scrapbook paper and ribbon you prefer.
Supplies & Tools:
- Print out template onto white cardstock. Cut out pieces.
- Cut out piece #1 and fold along dotted line.
Note: If you don’t want the outline to be visible, then you can trace piece #1 on sheet of cardstock with a pencil. Cut out piece and erase any visible pencil marks. Fold in half to form a card.
- Cut out piece #2 and trace onto scrapbook paper, then cut out from scrapbook paper.
- Use rubber cement to glue scrapbook paper to the front of the card. Set card aside.
- To make the ribbon tails, cut a piece of ribbon that is 7″ long. Fold in half, forming a “V” shape. Place a small amount of glue in the fold so that it holds its shape. Set aside.
- To make the bow, begin forming loops of the bow (working from the spool of ribbon), gluing after each addition, so that it remains in place. I formed the center loop first, then the loops next to the center loop, and finally, the loops on the outside. (See photo after step #9 to see how the finished loops should look.)
- When finished constructing bow, cut ribbon from spool.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 1.5″ long. Overlap ends, and glue together.
- Glue this loop on top of the bow.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 5.5″ long.
- Fold one end over 0.25″ and glue in place so that the bottom of the ribbon has a nice, neat end that won’t fray.
- Glue other end on the back of bow. (Place on card to make sure that it fits the card accordingly.)
- Glue the ribbon tails to the back of bow.
- Now glue the ribbon on the front of the card.
- Write your holiday message inside!
You May Also Like