This cute bag imitates Santa’s gift sack. I made mine from classic holiday red fabric with black satin ribbon, complete with miniature bells. Jingle the bells, for Christmas is coming!
Supplies & Tools:
- Print out template and cut out pattern on page 1. Set aside diagrams (template pages 2 & 3) for future reference.
- Pin template to fabric and cut out along all solid lines. (Fabric should measure 8.5″ wide x 6″ long.)
- Lay fabric on work surface with wrong side facing up.
- Fold the flaps (which are above the incision) over and pin in place. See .pdf template for diagrams.
- Using sewing machine, each sew flap in place. Trim excess thread.
- Lay fabric on work surface, wrong side up.
- Fold top edge down 0.75″. Use pins to secure in place.
- Sew a line about 0.25″ inside the edge of the fabric. Remove pins and set aside. Cut excess thread.
- Place fabric right side up on work surface. Fold in half, bringing the left side over to the right. (Once folded, it should measure 4.25″ wide x 5.25″ long)
- Sew along the raw edges. Cut excess thread.
- Turn right side out.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 16–17″ long.
- Use a small safety pin (or a needle with a large eye) and thread it through the space created. Pass through the bag two times. Remove safety pin and set aside.
- Add bells to the ribbon and tie ends in a knot.
- Pull on the knot to close the bag.
Ideas from the elves:
- Open bag and lay flat on work surface. Place a piece of scrap paper inside the bag so that the paint does not bleed through.
- Using foam brush, lightly apply a coat of paint on the foam stamp.
- Carefully lay the stamp onto bag, press firmly.
- Remove the stamp and set aside.
- Let bag dry completely.
- Repeat on the reverse side if desired.
- Remove paper from inside the bag.
You May Also Like