Share This Craft
Festive Favor Cones
Use these fun cones as Christmas party favors for your guests. Each cone can hold a small gift, such as an ornament or edible goodies. Fill with chocolates, candy canes, popcorn, or jelly beans. These are also great for giving small baked goods to co-workers and friends. If using these to hold baked goods, place the treats in a food safe bag prior to putting into the paper cone.
Supplies & Tools:
- Mini hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Yarn, ribbon or other embellishments, as desired
- Using ruler and pencil, measure a 6" square onto cardstock and cut out.
- Roll the paper to make a cone shape.
- Apply a thin line of glue along the edge and press the cone together, lining up the top edge of the paper.
- Add embellishments as desired.
- Now that your cone is complete, you can fill it with goodies!
Ideas from the Elves:
- Cut a piece of ribbon or yarn and wrap around cone. Tie a bow, and use hot glue to hold in place.
- Cut designs from scrapbook paper and glue onto the cone. You can also cut scrapbook paper into thin strips and glue the strips onto the cone as you would ribbon.
- Add an appliqué, such as a poinsettia or other flower.
- Make smaller cones by cutting 5" squares.
- To make a cone with a flat top, draw an arc using a compass on your square of paper. Trim off the corner and proceed to roll and glue the cone as directed above