Share This Craft
Mini Stocking for Gift Cards
This is a quick and easy sewing project! In addition to hiding gift cards until Christmas day, you can also use these wee stockings for your pint-sized family members (dogs, cats, fish, stuffed animals, or imaginary friends).
Supplies & Tools:
- Printable template (download here)
- Red felt
- White felt
- Straight pins (or a marker)
- Embroidery needle
- White embroidery floss
- Decorative buttons
- Print the template and cut out pieces. Set aside page 2 for future reference.
- Pin template piece #1 to white felt and cut out.
- Pin template piece #2 to red felt. Cut out two stocking shapes.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 4 inches long.
- Fold ribbon in half and sew in the upper right corner of one red stocking (#2b). Set aside.
- Decorate the white felt and other red stocking however you like. Sew any buttons, sequins, or ribbon before assembling all the pieces together.
- Stack white piece (#1) onto the other red stocking (#2a). Sew white piece onto stocking along the edge of the white felt.
- Stack this piece (#2a) onto the remaining red stocking (#2b).
- Sew around the edges, leaving the top of stocking open.