Share This Craft
Twine Wrapped Vases
Here’s an easy way to transform any ordinary vase or jar into centerpiece-worthy glassware. Simply wrap twine around your vessel of choice, and it’ll be ready for show time in minutes!
Supplies & Tools:
- Vase or any glass jar/bottle
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue
- Decide where you want the twine to be on your vase.
- Take end of twine from the skein.
- Add a small amount of hot glue to the end of twine. Press onto vase. Use caution as the glue is very hot!
- Begin wrapping twine around the vase. The first time you wrap it around the vase, wrap it below the glued end.
- As you continue wrapping, wrap above the glued end so that it is hidden behind the new layers of twine.
- Continue wrapping until the band of twine is as tall as you would like.
- Cut the twine from the skein.
- Add a small amount of glue to the end of twine and press onto the vase. Allow glue to cool.
- Gently pull one loop of twine over the glued end to hide the construction.
- Now fill with whatever you like!
Ideas from the elves:
- Wrap baby food jars and lids.
- Drop votive candles in jars and arrange in center of a table.
- Add flowers, pompoms or sticks to make an arrangement.